Or from retail stores nationwide including Wal-Mart, Frys, GameSpot, Sears and Toys R Us.
GoPets: Vacation Island goes beyond other earlier
virtual pet games, by adding a social networking twist.
Building friendships is the main goal. Players create
customized pets that can travel the world, visiting old
friends and making new ones. The game can be played
either as a single or multiplayer title. Families need
to connect the DS to a wireless network to enjoy
interacting online with other players.
- Customize and dress up your dog, cat, or pony in cute, funky outfits
- Collect over 700 world decorations, pet accessories, and food items
- Build a buddy list of up to 250 friends to exchange messages and gifts with
- Send your pet traveling when you're not using your Nintendo DS, introducting you to more friends
- Create and send graphical IKU messages to other characters and players
- Play fun mini-games to earn bonus collectibles
- Chat and play with your friends in party mode
Players win "shells" for performing acts of kindness to
their pet or the pet of one of their buddies,
encouraging sharing and teaching the value of
cooperation. Payers can exchange their shells to
costume their dog, cat or pony with various accessories,
including dresses, hats and even ninja outfits. They can
also create clothing items to give to friends they meet
online, and download special food and clothing via
Nintendo Wi-Fi. As they travel, up to 250 players can
be added to their buddy list.
For players, a highlight of the game is the exchanging
of gifts and humorous graphical messages with game
characters and their friends online. For added safety,
players can only communicate using images and symbols
like hearts and smiley faces, in whimsical version of
three line Haiku poems, called Iku. This allows players
to communicate emotions and simple concepts but not real
world personal information and contact details.
Even while children are not online playing the game,
they can send their pet out traveling to find new
friends online. GoPets: Vacation Island will keep a
travelogue of the places the pet has visited so players
can see where the pet has visited and also look back and
recall their earlier adventures.